Why is my google domain key not appearing after weeks?

I’ve added my google domain key several weeks ago and it’s not authenticating on google or showing up when I dig for the record. Now, we’re getting bounces because of our DMARC policy. Nightmares. Can anyone help?

Sure, except we have no detail to act on.

What’s the domain in question?

Thanks so much George. I was pretty vague.

the domain is lllusa.org

The domain key is not showing up. I have one for Google and one for sending emails from my server. Also, Emails are bouncing because of the DMARC record but it looks right to me. Google keeps failing authentication, I guess because of the domain key.

Thanks!

There are DKIM records there, you’ll need to check they are correct.

Your SPF record has an error though and that’s probably your problem. It shoud start v=spf1 but yours starts v=spf.

See…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?72f6c783d7da4bfc994c186925a75414#dns-mail

Thanks so much. I’ve updated the SPF record, but here is the record we’re supposed to be using according to Google:

DNS Host name (TXT record name):
google._domainkey

TXT record value:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC5YctpOtRxZ9QTuThm71yE3LOVAydSeXG+tS1poLago+f8vuj7hXLkQLYjjqnYsq3K6PwHJmFq/YX6asQeKYral0snd91RfObXlhFHVodJbI9OH/wWHpFwXxaoJrb0IyK3GZ3hXY75JyXhVB/jA5p5QFCTi9LIQ+yBG1cXvkI9FwIDAQAB

The Google DKIM record in your DNS doesn’t match that one. Have you tried to edit and update it?

1 Like

That’s what I entered in my Cloudflare DNS settings and that’s what I see when logged in but I don’t see it when checking anywhere else.

Thanks,
Bob

In that screenshot the content matches what appears in your DNS when queried, but it’s not the same the DKIM record you posted just above it.

You posted p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBA...
The DNS and screenshot shows p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAA...

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?12111bb030d64a3286109697f2aa68c6#dns-mail

1 Like

Thanks George. I tried to authenticate with

TXT record value:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC5YctpOtRxZ9QTuThm71yE3LOVAydSeXG+tS1poLago+f8vuj7hXLkQLYjjqnYsq3K6PwHJmFq/YX6asQeKYral0snd91RfObXlhFHVodJbI9OH/wWHpFwXxaoJrb0IyK3GZ3hXY75JyXhVB/jA5p5QFCTi9LIQ+yBG1cXvkI9FwIDAQAB

and I get this…
“DKIM authentication settings update failed”

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.