Why is Cloudflare still protecting known DDoS websites?

Why is Cloudlfare protecting DDoS website services that are used primarily for illegal purposes? That is, DDoS services that hit businesses without their permission.

This seems like a questionable business practice from CloudFlare considering these sites would just tear each other apart being competitors.

Instead Cloudflare protects them. I’m not talking about a new website that just pops up either, I’m talking about websites that have been reported directly to Cloudflare for months and even years now.

The websites that Cloudflare are protecting have also been repeatedly reported to my local police, the FBI and the NCA.

I am hoping that with all of the information contained in my reports, that law enforcement take action against those illegal do called “DDoS-for-hire” websites, and prosecute its owners to the fullest extent of the law.

Cloudflare is not a web host and has no control over the content that is displayed on a website. If you feel that a site is engaging in illegal or inappropriate activities, you can submit an abuse report, at cloudflare.com/abuse. The Trust and Safety team will then review the details and reply if appropriate. You can also report the site to your relevant local authorities. Complaints cannot be filed via this forum.

Hi @user6063,

This is the community forum. The only way to contact Cloudflare about these issues is via Trust and Safety on the Abuse form - we cannot help you here.

This thread was closed as per the Community Content Moderation Policy.

2 Likes