Why image upload too slow?

Hi,
I’m uploading image to CF Images and its taking 2.50 secons for one image.
Even on Frankurt localted VPS given same result for image upload.
I tested on postman and my .net project.
Is it normal for image upload?

Beeing located in frankfurt does not automatically mean that your upload speed is fast. I think it mainly depends on your uploadspeed and maybe also on how fast Cloudflare can process/handle your image.
I can’t tell anything about how fast it is, but some more insights and monitoring how fast your server uploads it would be nice.

Can you try something likethis before you upload:

nethogs -s eth0 (where eth0 stands for your networkinterface)

and monitor your uploadspeed?

Our internet speed is very good.
In company we have 1GBPS/100MBPS fiber internet.
On VPS speed is 2GBPS/2GBPS
Test Image is;
size:181kb
resolition:1200x1800
postman result;

I think images api has an issue.

Thanks for the info, I will leave this for the other @MVP’s which are using this feature. They probably will be able to use the additional info to give you some feedback, if this is normal.

1 Like

Hey,

From my experience Images does take around 1 to 2 seconds for uploads. It’s usually on par or slower than Backblaze for me.

This is when I last tested:

$ ./images_test.sh 
    time_namelookup:  0.000707
       time_connect:  0.002304
    time_appconnect:  0.008141
   time_pretransfer:  0.008211
      time_redirect:  0.000000
 time_starttransfer:  0.008214
                    ----------
         time_total:  1.252806

It took 1.2s for a pretty small image on a machine with 950Mbps down and 550 Mbps up.

3 Likes

I’d expect something like this, because these services are I/O rate limited since they store data to spinning disks to optimize for cost and limit abuse. That doesn’t mean that uploads need to be slow, you can still upload several images in parallell.

(Backblaze use Cloudflares network btw)

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.