Why does my CNAME keep getting deleted?

I recently created a shopify shop for my website using the subdomain “shop”. For the last few days, I’ve added the CNAME shop to my DNS settings directing to shops.myshopify.com and only to wake up the next day and find that it’s deleted.

When I check https://dash.cloudflare.com/redirect?account=audit-log it shows a delete request. That is certainly not coming from me. It’s not coming from my IP address and is being performed through the API according to the log, whereas my actions are performed through “Account” and “UI”

I am using an online ad management service called Ezoic which is integrated with Cloudflare. Is that what’s causing the issue or is it something else?

I don’t know how Ezoic works, but API calls are triggered by any entity that has your Global API key and email address. I’m actually surprised you have any Shopify running through your Cloudflare account, as Shopify already uses Cloudflare.

1 Like

It’s not proxying shopify, it’s just the DNS settings for the subdomain

1 Like

Have learned from Ezoic support that they’re overwriting my DNS settings automatically, but there’s an issue with not being able to update it on their end. Will follow up with them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.