Why does my cloudflare dns settings move to old server

I MIGRATED MY DOMAIN FROM NAMECHEAP TO CLOUDWAYS…NOW WHENVER THE WEBSIT IS DOWN AT CLOUDWAYS HOSTED SERVER, I SEE THE CLOUDFLARE SERVER SETTINGS CHANGED BACK TO OLD SETTINGS BEFORE MIGRATION.

This is a headache…as the website goes down and i need to change the settings again to to make the website live again

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: https://www.cloudflare.com/diagnostic-center/

Cloudflare does not know when you switched to another server or hosting provider (more specifically, another IP address). You should change the DNS record to point to the new server or hosting provider IP address.

Sir,
i am not a technical guy but since last 2 days . The DNS setting changes back to the original setting before migration. Dont know if their is some auto setting which happens at any specific time for cloudflare everyday or is it with my hosting provider. I have moved my other websites and they all seem to work fine but this particular website goes down as the setting of dns a records gets updated to the old server hosting …Not sure if its issue with cloudflare ,or previous hosting or new hosting guys .

But since changes are happening in dns records of cloudfldare, it looks problem is here only.

also i run google ads on the website. All other websites dont have google ads on them which seem to work ine for other websites

@sdayman any ideas?

If DNS records are actually reverting, it could be an API access through Ezoic, or a similar service.

But if it’s an issue of the old site showing whenever the new one goes down, that sounds like Always Online is showing an old crawl of the site.

1 Like

yes always online was indeed on…and i dont use ezoic …google adwords i run.using ad insetor plugin by igor funa

1 Like

Again my cloudflare settings moved back to old server. Dont know why it happens…will have no option but to leave cloudflare due to this daily shutdown for this website

You still didn’t clarify which settings are moving back to old server.

If it’s DNS records, then it’s one of two things you can fix:

1. Someone is accessing your login (rare). Change your password.
  2. You’ve given a third party access to your API key (common). You can change your API key.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.