Why did Cloudflare make redirects so unnecessarily difficult

All I’m trying to do is redirect the website to another website URL. Why don’t they have ANY documentation on how to do this? So ridiculous.

Mind you, ALL three of these custom expressions do not work. The website does not redirect. Any advice is greatly appreciated, since Cloudflare appears to not care at all.

When I am browsing through your domain name from the screenshot, I see headers indicating that your website is powered by “WP Engine”.

As such, it would typically be the rules that “WP Engine” has set up for you, that matters.

If you’re only looking to redirect the page(s), such as the naked domain and/or the www, and nothing except the redirect on this (sub-)domain, then I would suggest you to off board the domain from “WP Engine”, and use the following records.

You’ll make the DNS record for the apex (naked domain) be like this:

Type: AAAA
Name: @, or brookesprowl.com
IPv6 address: 100::
Proxy status: :orange: Proxied:.

If you also want the www (sub-)domain to redirect, you’ll do the same there:

Type: AAAA
Name: www, or www.brookesprowl.com
IPv6 address: 100::
Proxy status: :orange: Proxied:.

Note: Any previous AAAA, A or CNAME on the apex (naked domain) or the www record needs to be removed, to avoid any potential conflicts.

Again, if that (sub-)domain is only supposed to redirect, and no more serve the original site, there will be no reasons to still be pointing towards the “WP Engine” platform, or any other servers at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.