Whois information shared across all domain in account

Why is the whois information shared for all domains in an account? I take care of a few domains for friends and family and with other registrar I’m also tech/zone contact, but it is possible to specify a different owner/admin-c of the domain.

But according to Domain management/whois information in Cloudflare “the contact information is shared across all domains in your Cloudflare account.” so I would always be sole contact for the domain?!

1 Like

Cloudflare accounts are intended for individual use. Consider setting them up under individual accounts (per owner) and granting your account admin access, this will let you manage the domains without taking ownership.

3 Likes

I have the same issue: differents domains ownership in the same account (these domains were in this account previusly to Cloudflare become a Registrar). Now is a bit trouble to move each domain to differents acconts (change DNS, settings, and so on), then transfer Registrar to Cloudflare, to simple get the ability to change whois info.
I don’t was warned of this limitation before transfer severals domains to Cloudflare.
To Cloudflare developers: PLEASE consider enabling individual whois info in each domain name (as all registrars do), no matter how many domains you have in the same account. Otherwise we are forced to have innacurate info for each domain.
Thank you!!

1 Like

I agree with the idea that Cloudflare accounts are for personal use, but I can’t agree that so the information of whois needs to be shared.

Many traditional domain name registrants are also personal accounts, but provide different domain names using different whois information.

The domain name in the account is used for different business. The information of the domain name owner and the information of the technical person in charge can be different. I can’t understand why it must be the same.

1 Like