I am totally new to the world of DNS, rerouting and related topics but here I am trying to enable HTTPS on my webpage (currently a PHP script printing the PHP version).
I rented a webpage on power-netz[dot]de, which is a German web hoster. It uses a DNS server called nsentry.de where I can adjust a big number of DNS-zone related records. I read the Cloudflare get started document which stated that I have to change the nameserver records, which I did (three days ago). But even after multiple “nameserver rechecks” on the Cloudflare website I still have the nameserver-change pending flag.
I wonder if I miss some changes…
Here are all the records I have:
- SOA: tony[dot]ns[dot]cloudflare[dot]com. dns[dot]cloudflare[dot]com 2028688858 10000 2400 604800 3600 (I modified this)
- NS: tony[dot]ns[dot]cloudflare[dot]com (I modified this)
- NS: donna[dot]ns[dot]cloudflare[dot]com (I modified this)
- MX: peter-esser[dot]de
- TXT: “v=spf1 include:spf1[dot]x-mailer[dot]de include:spf2[dot]x-mailer[dot]de -all”
I also had the following records which I deleted as of two hours ago (might be wrong though…):
- A: peter-esser[dot]de 184.108.40.206
- A: *.peter-esser[dot]de 220.127.116.11
I have also checked the nameserver settings using the dns-checker tool on online-domain-tools which still outputs the old nameservers called “ns3[dot]nsentry[dot]de.” and “ns4[dot]nsentry[dot]de.”.
Has someone an idea what could be wrong and might be willing to help?
Thank you very much in advance!
Sorry for the use of “[dot]” but otherwise I wasn’t able to publish this topic…