Which IP to use in TXT record

I am trying to setup inboxing pro to send emails. I am instructed to set 2 TX records, one of which has the ip. I am hosted at inmotionhosting and that ip is: 104.244.122.153 but CF “masks” the ip? and when I check the ip at "ipchecker, it shows as: 104.24.103.174.
Which do I use? Is there anything additional I should be doing?
BTW At the moment, the 2 records are:
v=spf1 a mx include:drsherwoodtucker.com ip4:104.244.122.153 ~all

and

“v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDAM4v/mXmK0+t12hnZuV7Dr6xkzJlxvkkLvyJwnONTeqF1FPqzp9GLsLSQIMq+djznDIeXjW4nSrmYXsRjKYCZzr99mJE2p+RanXZyR4J5a22nrfocaQX1SS9491+aF5ApkXfoBlhfYwpfobSpv5UlPmisqtxITl1wzrYfjMQxBwIDAQAB;”
Thanks for any help.
Sherwood

The SPF record should not refer to Cloudflare’s IP addresses. If your web server sends email (without using a smarthost or other relay) then you will need to include it in your SPF record, but note that this does reveal your web server’s IP address. You can leave the “ip4:” out completely if your web server does not send mail directly.

You can also remove the “a” (in the case of Cloudflare, “a” will point to Cloudflare’s IP addresses which do not send mail on your behalf).

DKIM does not contain IP addresses and therefore it shouldn’t matter.

I hope this helps, but feel free to ask further questions or clarify any details, SPF records can be a bit complex in some cases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.