Where do I add txt record?

HI, I’m completely stuck with adding a txt record. AutoSSL on my store part of the website has expired, and I need to add a value, a part of which is this:

The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.improveXYZ.com.au” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test- then a text string.

To try, I get to the DNS page: there are two options: ‘Add record’ which I click but don’t know what to do next with…and another option which already has a string in the box, ending in -all. I’m guessing I shouldn’t remove or replace this one, as it’s all the subdomains.

My web host won’t help. I’m really stuck, and site is not longer secure.

Where do I add this txt record string??

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Sandro - thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I’ve realised that every 24 hours I get the reminder that the AutoSSL certificate expires, and in each email the text string is different. So I’m now not sure what to put in the Content box. Any further thoughts?

Here’s the email I receive each 24 hours.
DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.improve…etc” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=sSIkrpJWzc9wFJu78C6KYD9GzwAJ9q1aqd8H74HUcbG7AxM2n8ICoY_xMkqO0sH2”.; HTTP DCV: “www.store.improve…etc” does not resolve to any IP addresses on the internet.

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.improve…etc” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “cpanel-dcv-test-record=sSIkrpJWzc9wFJu78C6KYD9GzwAJ9q1aqd8H74HUcbG7AxM2n8ICoY_xMkqO0sH2”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “http://store.improve…etc/.well-known/acme-challenge/T7FUJ42_Q-BMSSLFS7YKSS4776R-BB2” because of an error (cached): Could not connect to ‘2606:4700:3037:0000:0000:0000:681f:4e4e:80’: Network is unreachable.

Thanks again. Sarah

You essentially enter the value that the email tells you. I actually already entered its prefix based on your first message anyhow.

Ok, will try again. Thanks.

Thanks Sandro, appreciate your help! Now working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.