When will HTTP/3 be turned on for free accounts?

Per recent email from Cloudflare, HTTP/3 will be turned on for free accounts sometime in November. I have been regularly checking the Network app where the HTTP/3 toggle is located to turn it off as soon as Cloudflare turns it on. Can someone from Cloudflare provide a date when HTTP/3 will be turned on ? Thanks.

1 Like

I believe they already did. :wink:

2 Likes

I manage a couple of free accounts and the HTTP/3 toggle is still turned off on both. I would like to make sure that it stays that way. How do I know if/when Cloudflare does plan to turn in on ?

Per recent email from Cloudflare, HTTP/3 will be turned on for free accounts sometime in November. I have been regularly checking the Network app where the HTTP/3 toggle is located to turn it off as soon as Cloudflare turns it on. Can someone from Cloudflare provide a date when HTTP/3 will be turned on ? Thanks.

I’m curious why you don’t want to use HTTP/3?

I will answer with a question: why is Cloudflare turning it on only for free accounts ? Business and enterprise plans can decide if they want to turn it on. Certainly not many users are browsing with HTTP/3 enabled browsers but I don’t want to be forcibly placed on some testing pool.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but this is a part of what free users provide to Cloudflare,

Free users are not part of a alpha/beta tier, but in general the traffic generated by free users helps Cloudflare test configurations and features before deployment to paying customers.

This isn’t the only reason, size has other advantages, and is a great loss-leader/advertising mechanism.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.