When using Cloudflare do I need a caching plugin too (like WP Rocket)?

Obviously, I am not very technical but I would like to know the answer. We currently use Cloudflare, so do we also need to use a caching plugin such as Autoptimize or WP Rocket?

Depends, for example if you have a WordPress Website with much traffic, even on a dedicated server, I believe it is really neccessary to handle all that requests and visitors.

If you decide to go with it, there are some useful instructions how to properly set them up, for example W3 Total Cache + Cloudflare, and also you may need to have some advanced knowledge etc.

If interested, here:

If using Cloudflare Auto Minify option (HTML, CSS, JS), no need to use Autooptimize beside it.
Neither no need to use Auto Minify from WP Rocket, if using Cloudflare’s.

Furthermore, regarding WP Rocket, there are few things to consider if using it, kindly see below articles.

Nevertheless, to avoid possible challenges, I would firt try out Cloudflare APO for WordPress for month or two and see how it handles and works, even learn more about it’s configuration and features and benefits together with Cloudflare (you always have great support if something breaks or you do not know “how to”), and therefore decide if I should stick with it or rather go and experiment and have issues with WordPress caching plugins + Cloudflare cache (if so).

In my opinion, I would only keep the Auto-Minify at Cloudflare (less job for the origin host / server to do), but as far as there were topics and issues from other users regarding WP Rocket <-> Cloudflare, kindly, may I ask you to follow the instructions how to propperly setup WP Rocket while using Cloudflare as follows on below articles:

Great answers and information. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.