When I try adding a domain, an error message pops up and I've followed the help pages but still can't

Hello! I created a domain on freenom about a week or longer ago and it ends with .tk. I tried to add the domain to cloudflare so I could connect it to my minecraft server, however when I press add an error message pops us saying “Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of (my domain was here) at this time. Please contact Cloudflare Support or try again later.” . I looked at the community posts on how to fix this and tried them all, but none of them worked and I don’t believe freenom has dnsses if the problem was to turn that off. I also know that the domain works because I tried using Google Cloud DNS after cloudflare wasn’t working, however I didn’t have the option to remove the port when using SRV, as there is no service option, so I’m not exactly sure why it won’t register on cloudflare. Thank you!

That domain is registered under a TLD which is governed by the Freenom registry. Freenom currently experiences issues with their Whois service which prevents such domains from being added to Cloudflare. Freenom needs to fix that on their side. Unfortunately there is no ETA known for that.

It probably is best to register a proper domain instead. They already go for less than $10 a year.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.