Whats the purpose of the livechat in the business plan?

I have always wondered what it’s exactly used for, the business package has it as one of its features (The main one I’d say) however, it is unclear how much we can actually expect from it.

I’ve used it for the following:

1. Troubleshooting to confirm there really is an issue.
  2. Letting Support know something was really broken for a lot of people.
  3. Quickly escalating an issue. If they can’t fix it right away, they’ll open a ticket.
2 Likes

Do you know if they are able to suggest or add firewall rules in the event of a DDoS attack?

I doubt they’re there to analyze your traffic and custom craft firewall rules. Not until you get to the Enterprise level do you get smarter tools for this, such as cf.bot_management.verified_bot and cf.bot_management.score.

Bot analytics in the Biz Plan is pretty nice, though.

There’s also expanded DDoS protection:

Cloudflare’s enterprise-grade mitigation of DDoS attacks against layers 3, 4, & 7

1 Like

We did get a quote for the enterprise package, however, we are not in a stage where we can justify the investment :sweat_smile: .
Regarding the bot analytics, do you have a screenshot of the extra information that it shows? When we received DDoS attacks the bot management showed a noticeable increase in the bot visits.
Thanks!

Dev Docs goes into Enterprise bot management a bit.
https://developers.cloudflare.com/bots/bot-analytics/bm-subscription

Plus the blog post it linked to, which includes screenshots:

I think the best part of it is the bot score filter, and that looks to be what sets Ent apart from Biz.

1 Like

Regarding Enterprise support. I know there’s around the clock support, especially for emergencies. I thought at one point, I’d seen some emergency DDoS support, but I can’t find that now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.