What's the bare minimum DNS record configuration required for Cloudflare to redirect to a www host elsewhere?

As of today, Cloudflare hosts DNS for one of our parked domains, which has no hosts of its own.

The registrar for our parked domain was previously managing its DNS, and was performing a redirect of all web traffic to the parked domain to a www host in a separate, active domain which we manage.

When we brought our parked domain over to Cloudflare, it pulled in the A records from the registrar’s DNS entries (which were A records for the root and www host that pointed to the registrar’s IP addresses as part of its redirect logic).

Can I configure Cloudflare to redirect all traffic to the original www target without including these A records? What’s the bare minimum DNS record configuration required for Cloudflare to redirect to a www host elsewhere?

I’m guessing I need at least one A record with an orange cloud so I can use a page rule. Thanks!

See Using page rules to perform redirects for more information

precisely. Ideally, there should be two records, one for @ (the root domain) and one for the www subdomain. Your page rule would then need to be formatted as *example.com so it triggers on www and non-www.

This worked perfectly - thanks so much