What is the PTR record in cloud flare for i'm a bit confused

Hi we have a few issues sending our mail and the error mentions rdns_none

i was wondering what is the purpose of the PTR record in cloud flare

i had a read of this page

For proxied domains, Cloudflare responds to DNS queries with its own shared, dynamic IP addresses. Therefore, PTR records cannot be added to Cloudflare.

The PTR record option shown in the DNS Records dropdown is not for adding PTR records for Reverse DNS resolution. It is instead for adding a PTR Record to the Forward DNS resolution for the domain. PTR in Forward DNS is allowed under the DNS specification.

The main reason to have a PTR record is to prevent emails from ending up in spam folders. Since Cloudflare doesn’t support email traffic by default, you would instead need to set the PTR record where your email server is located. Please reach out to your email provider for assistance.

Customers with Enterprise domains using Cloudflare’s DNS Firewall feature can request Cloudflare Support for assistance with updating PTR records.

so does that mean the ptr record in cloude flare can be used to forward to your own rdns server to get past the rdns_none problem?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.