What is the maximum Bandwidth usage limit

Hello,
Is there any limitation on cache everything page rule where even audio files are being cached and served via cloudflare? All are small mp3 files. Basically a ringtone website.
What’s the maximum bandwidth allowed in free plan? I know there’s no limitation in general but there must be a peqk point where cloudflare doesn’t allow or we have to purchase pro plan.

I will quickly quote that statement: Limit Bandwidth for Free Plan? - #2 by soldier_21

Since you mentioned mp3, these do not belong to the tipical “web ressources” but even there I seldome saw Cloudflare stepping up and asking for an upgrade. But on the other hand, you are using a FREE service which should be used fair.

Also the one time I heard something like this it was about 20TB of Edge Cache or bandwith when Cloudflare did something. So if it’s a small site you really should not matter that much. But if you make money with and you have a lot of traffic I anyway would immediately switch to Pro right now, simply because of all the benefits you get there.

For a better understanding on what in general is allowed and what not, have a read here: Terms 2.8

Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service.

This would apply to you since your have a ringtone website. But like I said, unless you are not abusing the service it all should be fine. There is no clear red line and I think that good! If you are unsure if you are within the ToS just purchase a Pro Plan and you should be fine.

1 Like

Not sure about this, the same terms apply to all plans except Enterprise with a custom contract.

2 Likes

True, now as I read it again it states:

purchased separately as part of a Paid Service

Seems you are right @domjh. On the other hand I never saw Cloudflare banning small pages from using more mp3 files then others.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.