What is the advantages of using Cloudflare Dedicated SSL?

I have enabled/activated letsencrypt certificate on my site, but the certificate is showing a shared Cloudflare ssl. What is the advantages of using Cloudflare Dedicated SSL? Is it worth spending $5/m?
(*For performance, security, speed etc)

Kind Regards,

The $5 certificate doesnt really offer an advantage at this point any more, the $10 one still offers second+ level support for host names.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply Sandro.

If I sign up for Dedicated Cloudflare ssl and want to stop subscribe after 3 month will the Universal/shared ssl resume back fro my account.

It should. Both certificate should be active at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you! Let me tried out for at least a month or two because I can’t stop thinking about it.

About what? Unless you need the second-level hosts, a dedicated certificate is really not absolutely necessary.

As for running them in parallel, that should usually work but there were occasionally glitches, so when you enable and disable the dedicated certificate, make sure everything is in order, otherwise contact support straight away.

1 Like

About having dedicated ssl :wink: Ok I really appreciate your comment. I will not go for dedicated ssl at this moment.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying there is not a single use case of a dedicate certificate, however one doesnt need to get one just because it says “dedicated” and comes with a price tag = fancy.

It really comes down to your requirements.

1 Like

You are absolutely right! If the free ssl can serve its purpose, I can invest my $ in another better things for the site. Thank you for you honest comment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.