What happened to SSL support

I am a paid user and need my SSL updated but I cannot find a freaking human to speak with. Every time I go through the system, they try to upgrade me to a $250 per month service and all I want to do it update my SSL. I am happy to pay them something to make sure it works but they assume everything can be done by knowing what or how to do it and I DON’T KNOW HOW.

What happened to real support - any suggestions on how I get my SSL properly updated.

What are you trying to do? Can you give the domain?

right now it is making me update something every 90days and I purchased a positiveSSL for 5yrs, and would like it installed but my host provider says only Cloudflare can do it.

I am happy to pay for a service that can help me but I need help

Without Cloudflare, or with Unproxied (:grey:) / DNS-only records: Visitor ↔ Web server
With Proxied (:orange:) records: Visitor ↔ Cloudflare ↔ Web server

So, by having Proxied (:orange:) records, you also have two different connections to secure. Cloudflare will take care of the first (Visitor ↔ Cloudflare) with the Edge Certificate from Universal SSL, and your PositiveSSL certificate will take care of the latter (Cloudflare ↔ Web server)

A 5 year certificate hasn’t been possible for a very long time.

What you have purchased with your hosting provider, is likely a certificate with a renewal policy, where they will renew it for you once every year, for up to 5 years.

Switch your DNS record(s) to Unproxied (:grey:) / DNS-only, if you wish to see the PositiveSSL certificate on your site.

Note: Cloudflare will only act as a DNS provider, won’t be able to defend you against DDoS attacks, and you’re unable to use WAF/Firewall rules, Redirect Rules, and so forth, with a such configuration.

If the above is fine for you, you can then disable Universal SSL in the bottom of https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls/edge-certificates once you have switched ALL of your DNS records to Unproxied (:grey:) / DNS-only.

1 Like

Or you can upgrade to a Business Plan that will let you upload your own certificate:

Honestly, the 90-day certs are as good as anything out there. Keep whatever certificate you have on the origin server, let Cloudflare take care of the proxy certificate, and you’ll be fine.

Thanks for your feedback.
Peace,
Roy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.