What do I put in the DNS CNAME fields?

I have set up a new domain in Cloudflare - webkept.com

I have pointed the nameservers from my registrar to Cloudflare.

Now Cloudflare is asking me to input some additional information before the setup is complete.

It’s asking me to input 3 things but I don’t know what I should be entering in each box?

Appreciate the help.

The records it says are missing would point to your hosting provider. If you have set up a website, your host should provide you with the necessary addresses. If you haven’t done that yet, you don’t need to add anything until you have hosting to point the domain to.

Since I have pointed the nameservers to Cloudflare, doesn’t that mean that now Cloudflare is my new host?

So shouldn’t Cloudflare auto fill this info for me, or at least give me the details of what I need to input in these boxes?

WK

When you point the nameservers at Cloudflare, then Cloudflare is providing your DNS, but not your hosting. The only way Cloudflare is your host is if you are using Pages (or Workers) to host a website, in which case, yes, records can be added automatically.

Have you already set up a website?

Thanks for that. I contacted my host and got all the details from them. Its working now.

But the website loads quite slowly.

Is there any way to speed it up without caching pages?

WK

Performance depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is your web host. I would recommend starting a new thread so someone who specializes in that sort of thing can have a look, and definitely include your domain name.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.