Website vanishes when A record proxy status enabled

Hello,

My DNS has an A record for airwaystrucks.com (204.191.178.26) which resolves fine (unsecured) when proxy status is set to off. As soon as I turn it on, the website vanishes and I see a windows server website that isn’t mine. Turned all websites off in IIS and I still get this window server website. Is this an issue with my nameservers caching someone else’s ip?

Thanks,
Sam

This is most likely the problem. Your server needs to be properly configured for HTTPS before you add the site to Cloudflare.

Cloudflare can generate an origin certificate for your server if your host will let you install it.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/origin-ca

There is no way to refresh my nameservers? I don’t know what else to do on my end to properly configured. I have other sites on there working fine with SSL. I did the same thing for this one.

Refreshing name servers won’t fix a broken website. I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Ok, I’ll try that… Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.