Website unsecure

I don’t understand why i get “unsecure website issue” from web browsers related to my site when i’m using a origin SSL certificate generated by you, with nginx on digital ocean, i checked that the nginx config doesn’t have syntax errors, and i’m using the key.pem and the cert.pem with express as well when i create the https server on the backend, and i send requests to this server from the frontend.

What can i do to trouble shoot this ? when i access the website i get that certificate is valid.

Is the DNS entry proxied? If not, you will get a warning unless you configured the root certificate in your browser, which is something you don’t really want.

2 Likes

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

On another browser i directly get this error in the console

i mean i have the domain from namecheap, than cloudflare record than digital ocean IP, than nginx reverse proxy that listens for express server that routes html pages

That does not really address my question.

excuse my ignorance, but i don’t understand what you mean beside the description i gave you i did nothing more

What’s the domain?

revenueshare.tech

Assuming you are talking about the standard DNS names, they are properly proxied and you either run into a propagation issue or have the IP addresses locally overridden. However the domain loads fine with the proxies.

the issue in on revenueshare.tech/data, everything loads but i get security warnings that i want to get rid of

Yeah, that will be one of the issues mentioned earlier. You need to check your local setup.

The URL does load fine however - sitemeer.com/#abb93aaa14468521b5296df6eab033ac3da43ac2

what can i check in it ? in the nginx config i’m correctly point to the key and cert, and when creating the https express server i’m using the same key and cert, do i need to do something else ?

It’s not a server issue, it’s a local issue with your browser or network configuration.

no, because i tried from multiple pcs, from multiple networks, i either get the warning or the data doesn’t load at all because of Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

See my earlier response, the site loads fine.

What’s the output of this command

ping revenueshare.tech

it connects fine 0% loss

I asked for the output.

pinging revenueshare.tech [104.21.61.236] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.21.61.236: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.21.61.236: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.21.61.236: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=54
Reply from 104.21.61.236: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 104.21.61.236:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 42ms

All right, DNS resolution works fine and you connect to the proxies. Use a different browser and clear your cache.

Your browser will be connecting for whatever reason to your server instead of to Cloudflare. However that’s something you need to debug locally. The server certificate is valid and other users won’t get that error.