Website times out when going through proxy

Hi there! My website www.brizk.com runs on a shared server and is proxied with Cloudflare.

The host tells me that there is no issue on their side. The website seems to be accessible from some parts of the world, but not where I am (Australia). I tried on various devices and connections but it always times out.

If I remove the proxy, the site works fine but I get an ‘site not secure’ issue, so I can’t really leave it unproxied for a long time.

The host blames Cloudflare but Cloudflare shows no issues. What should I do?

Might be your hosting provider has to allow Cloudflare IPs to their origin hosts/server :thinking:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
May I ask if your SSL certificate for your domain is still a valid one, or else you might need to renew it? :thinking:
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Thanks for your reply. I’m not a developer, so my technical knowledge it limited.

I don’t think I have my own SSL cert. I use Cloudflare to be able to use HTTPS.

My host posted this, pretty useless status update: https://www.namecheap.com/status-updates/updated-temporary-network-issues-with-domains-hosted-on-cloudflare/

I’m not quite sure what to make of this. I’ve done some testing with a VPN and it seems Australia is one of the few places where my website is not available. Is there an easy way to reroute traffic fror Australian users to a different Cloudflare server? (Not sure if this would help.)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.