Website suddenly unaccessible

Unable to access my website now after years of no changes made to hosting etc.
Called hosting provider, told me it is IP address related due to using Cloudflare. They had me check whatsmyDNS and the IP address returned does not match what my hosting provider is using. They say that is the problem. They gave me the proper IP to input into Cloudflare. Checked Cloudflare account today, proper IP was already stored. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Really unsure of the issue as there is no error code when trying to load website, just mentions too many redirects.
Website - mavinated.com
Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide!

Ensure your SSL/TLS settings are set to Full (strict) here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls

1 Like

Set the SSL/TLS to full(strict). Now my website only shows a ‘website under maintenance’ page showing my hosting provider info.

Hello,
I’ve got a similar issue on Monday: website that has been up for years and that I’m hosting locally on my own server, worked like a charm even after moving in a new place, it suddenly stopped responding and I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened.
Looks like Apache is running without issue, restarted the server couple of times but no chance…
Some guidance on how to proceed?

Thank you very much!

The original poster’s site is working again after the change.

What is your domain name?

It’s scrat.app.
I think I’ve checked everything, and more importantly I have done absolutely nothing so I know I didn’t break anything. My server is still accessible via the internet and all other services are online and working fine.

Your site is currently not proxied, so other than for DNS (which is working ok), the availability of your site isn’t due to a Cloudflare issue. (Your site is currently just timing out).

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?d3ec10daff7647cdbb320af102c91c66

curl -I https://scrat.app
curl: (28) Failed to connect to scrat.app port 443 after 130446 ms: Connection timed out

Yeah the question being why??
What could be the issues then? Server side? Apache seems to be running and I’ve checked the config nothing has changed.

The IP address seems to belong to a Mobile ISP. I don’t think that IP address is accessible from outside.

You could try a Cloudflare tunnel.

Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated.

That’s a static address, the router is configured to pass the 80 and 443 ports to the internal server, and they config (router+server) have not changed when it stopped working.

The site is registered via Google Domains, I’m wondering if it wouldn’t have something to do with the change from Google to Squarespace.
The process should be 100% automatic and without any influence on the availability of the site but we all know it never works that way…
Do you think that could be the issue? I don’t have any information on my accounts that could confirm that though…

Thank you very much for your feedbacks!

No.

DNS lookups for the domain work just fine, but the IP address is not accessible on port 80/443.

telnet scrat.app 443
Trying 176.168.10.163...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
telnet scrat.app 80
Trying 176.168.10.163...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
telnet scrat.app 22
Trying 176.168.10.163...
Connected to scrat.app.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_8.4p1 Debian-5+deb11u2

This is probably due to a firewall. If you didn’t change anything, it might be your ISP blocked these ports.
As I said, try using a Cloudflare tunnel and see if that helps.

Thanks for the insight!
I’ve just proxied the A record through Cloudflare, ports 80 and 443 both seem to be opened but I get another error now (connection reset).

I’m on my phone right now so I don’t have the tools to check, will do later.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.