Website stopped displaying front end, hosting server support days it's because of Cloudfare DNS

Hello guys, it’s been a while, from sometime my website is not getting rendered properly in a browser. Only the code of the website is showing up on the page instead of the webpage itself, except the homepage all other pages are infected. Example Link: Dotnik Studio - Digital Product Design and Development Services Page!

Can someone please help me get back the Normal functioning of the website? Thanks in advance!

Your web server appears to be sending a content-type: text/plain which would be why it is displaying plain text instead of rendering the html… You would need a content type of “text/html”

1 Like

content-type is set to text/plain. The main page is set to text/html.

So…something is improperly setting that doctype. Did something change in a .htaccess file? Or a server configuration change? I’m 99% sure it’s not Cloudflare.

A quick switch to “Pause Cloudflare on Site” from the Overview section of the Cloudflare Dashboard can prove where the problem is coming from.

1 Like

If your origin IP address ends in 59, it is 100% not Cloudflare.

2 Likes

No there is no change in .htaccess file, this is occurring without any changes. Can you help me solve this?

If it’s not Cloudfare then what can I do? Also, I had a chat with the server support but they said everything is fine from their side except Cloudfare side which they can not check!

How to rectify this? Since there has been no change from past month and this is happening without any changes. Server support even replied it’s not their fault.

As @michael indicated if your origin IP ends in .59 it’s 100% not Cloudflare. When I curl directly to the origin server bypassing Cloudflare it returns the text/html content type that @sdayman indicated was the issue. So that would certainly seem to be an issue on the origin server. I’ve included the redacted output of my test below which I believe shows it is an origin issue. If your host believes it is still a Cloudflare issue, perhaps they would be so kind as to share their evidence to support that.

curl -Ik https://www.dotnikstudio.com/digital-product-design-and-development-services --resolve www.dotnikstudio.com:443:your.ip.address.59
HTTP/2 200
cache-control: public, max-age=604800
expires: Fri, 24 May 2019 04:29:11 GMT
content-type: text/plain
last-modified: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:41:47 GMT
accept-ranges: bytes
content-length: 20710
date: Fri, 17 May 2019 04:29:11 GMT
vary: User-Agent
alt-svc: quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v=“35,39,43,44”

Note Cloudflare is not listed in those headers demonstrating the request didn’t go through Cloudflare but the content type is still text/plain which is incorrect.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I will communicate the same with the server support team and ask them for correcting the wrong information that they actually did provided!