Website ssl and 524 error

Complete this information in order to ask your question.

Have you searched for an answer?
yes

Please share your search results URL:

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results?

Describe the issue you are having:
we are facing 524 errors and multiple time SSL errors, we are using Encrypts end-to-end, using a self-signed certificate on the server. but sometimes shows an error.
The main error website works very slow but when disabled Cloudflare its working fine

What error message or number are you receiving?
524 and the website is not secure

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. Encrypts end-to-end, using a self-signed certificate on the server
  2. disable Cloudflare

What is the domain name?
https://www.newsaroma.com

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

Yes
What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes we trying in incognito but still error comes
Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Hello there,

The site is working perfectly fine from my end. In case of troubleshooting, would you follow the #CommunityTip here for the resolution?

it does not happen always

It could be most likely the server resource outage at times or related. Here’s what you can do:

• You can check the server logs.
  • You can contact your host
  • Find error logs on the server
  • Monitor the server
  • Increase server resource
  • Read the above tutorial for more information. That’ll enlighten you.

I had checked server is working fine and resources are high.

the resource is available, I had set flexible encryption mode. but still after restarting the server again it going slow.

i am waiting your kind reply

The answer lies in your doubt:

Kindly note: 524 error can happen if the origin server is simply taking too long because it has too much work to do or otherwise caused somehow. Here, Cloudflare reaches to your server but the origin fails to respond back in 100s.

Is that SSL encryption mode you are talking about? Suggestion to go for: Full (Strict). You can check this #tutorial

May I suggest you to read the attached articles before further responding

i had set full strict mode it show 526 error please check

Its working from my end. If you are receiving 526, this error occur when the current Cloudflare SSL/TSL encryption mode in the Cloudflare SSL/TLS app is not compatible with your origin web server’s configuration.

You can read more here for the resolution:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.