Website speed tests failing when using cloudflare and caching plugin

I enabled cloudflare with a site for ifsostudio .com about 2 months ago, and was also using wp super cache. This is a videographer’s portfolio site so the hero video is necessary and needs to load faster. Its currently being self-hosted because when it was using vimeo there was a buffering black box that appeared for some time. Anyways the load time was down to 3 seconds when I initially launched the site and now it is back up to over 14 seconds and erroring on most speed tests. I need help getting this back to where it was or lower in load time. Any suggestions you have would be wonderful. I changed the caching that I was doing 2 days ago from wp super cache to autooptimize, and also cloudflare rocket caching without success, so I am reverting to wp super cache.

Any suggestions with things I can do?


The design is interesting; however, you could achieve something similar using plain HTML and CSS. Since you’re using Elementor and relying on various other resources, it has led to many render-blocking elements.

Now, there are two possible solutions:

  1. Redesign the site using a lightweight approach, such as the GeneratePress theme, and implement HTML and CSS via Hooks.
  2. Alternatively, you can work on the existing site: load only the necessary CSS and JS resources and defer the rest. You can also consider using a premium Page Caching & Optimization plugin like FlyingPress, which can help with CSS and JS optimization.

Some free solutions worth mentioning are:

  • Moving scripts to the footer
  • Using Flying Scripts for JS optimization
  • Autoptimize

Please note: It’s best not to mix multiple plugins for similar purposes. It’s advisable to consult an expert who can optimize these elements for you. If you attempt to do it yourself, it may take months or even years to achieve the desired results.

I hope this helps.