Website showing white page with php server error code

My website (www.mpnica.org) isn’t loading. It shows a white page with the message " Your server is running PHP version 5.3.29 but WordPress 5.5.3 requires at least 5.6.20."

I know the site is running php7.4 and was working perfectly as of two days ago. It has been using CloudFlare’s ssl certificate in strict mode without any issues.

My hosting support service said:
"While checking we could see that you are using Cloudflare nameservers. The error is due to some security firewall rule break in the Cloudflare end. This issue mostly gets fixed automatically, Please have a check after some time. If the issue still persists, please contact Cloudflare support to get this resolved from their end.’

CloudFlare analytics found that:" mpnica.org is returning a high percentage of HTTP 5xx server errors."

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I am afraid that does not seem to be the case and you are running the exact version which is mentioned.

You’ll need to talk to your host in this case, as only they can fix that and the message is also coming straight from your server. Cloudflare is not involved here.

You best pause Cloudflare for now, though you’ll receive a certificate warning in that case as you are using an Origin certificate. You can ignore that for the time being.

Thank you for your help. I will contact my hosting service again as recommended
Cheers!

No worries, you can also forward this bit to them, should the keep on claiming you are running version 7.

$ curl -I http://mpnica.org | grep PHP
x-powered-by: PHP/5.3.29

Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.