Website showing Host Error

Hello Cloudflare Team,

We are having issue on the certain websites which display host error.

We have veriffied on our server and it seems fine. Could you please look into it ASAP.

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

Hi Have you checked our community tip 524 error? Community Tip - Fixing Error 524: A timeout occurred
524 indicates a timeout after establishing a TCP connection and waiting for a response from your origin. This can happen if your server is simply taking too long because it has too much work to do, are you running a large data query or long script?

3 Likes

Hello Mianmian,
Thank you for the mail.

The issue is if we pause cloudflare from the sites, it works fine but when we again linkup to the cloudflare issue arises.

Please let us know about it.

Does your website load in HTTPS without Cloudflare?

What is your SSL encryption mode? Flexible?

Also, without Cloudflare, how many seconds it takes to load your website?

1 Like

Hi Erictung,

The website takes 2 sec to load with cloudflare. Also, the website is loading on HTTPS too.

SSL encryption mode is full.

You mean without Cloudflare, right?

2 seconds is not enough to trigger Error 524 in Cloudflare. By default the timeout duration is 100 seconds.

How about before you use Cloudflare? Was your website works fine in HTTPS without using Cloudflare?

Because I’m suspecting that your website was not working in HTTPS previously, so when Cloudflare tries to connect to your server via port 443, your server will not respond.

Hi,

Currently the site is on HTTPS and cloud flare is paused. we have used cloud flare’s ssl certificate and is working fine.

If 443 port is blocked I should not be able to use the site from https as I am using now.

Going further on this did I miss anything or any settings on cloudflare ?

In that case it’s best to contact Cloudflare support to sort that out.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it. @mianmian

Also,

I would recommend you to go for Full (strict). Nothing to do with the Error 524, but this can further improve your security.