Website showing garbage text

The past 18 September my website suddenly was completely down.
Every page of the website was showing garbage text.

I paused Cloudflare and then the problem was solved.
If I enable Cloudflare again, the problem happens again. The problem is systematic and is still there.

I tried to disable every single rule and feature of Cloudflare (caching, minify, Brotli etc.) but it was in vain. The simple fact to enable Cloudflare breaks my website.

I underline that when the problem appeared I was not working neither in my website nor in my Cloudflare account. The last change I did in Cloudflare setings was months or years ago.

Any idea how to solve this? It’s a pity that I cannot use Cloudflare any longer.

May I ask in which content-type is it returned from the server? :thinking:

Is it only for the specific URL, however how about other resources like CSS; JS, images?

Are you running WordPress or? Maybe with Cloudflare APO plugin, if so?

What’s the domain name?

content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

None of them is downloaded. In the network menu of browser inspection you can see only the request of the index.html and the favicon.

Joomla 2.5.
As far as Cloudflare plugins: the website uses the “System - Cloudflare Universal SSL”.

Thank you for feedback information.

I wonder if caching/compression at Joomla administration interface could somehow have to do something with it? :thinking:

Yes, now as it’s un-paused or unproxied I do see the website as it should be.
Caching not enabled.
Litespeed server.
A bit oldes version of the PHP (joomla too, but …).

cache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
pragma: no-cache

I have disabled the gzip compression in the Joomla administration and I have commented out all the “AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE xxxx” instructions in the .htaccess.
Then I enabled again Cloudflare, but the problem is still there.
The “sytem - cache” plugin of joomla was already disabled.

Thank you for feedback in the meantime.
I am really sorry to hear that.

I cannot figure it out, however if this is something with Cloudflare, kindly I’d suggest you to write a ticket to the Cloudflare support and share your ticket number here with us so we could escalate your issue.

You might be offered to switch to the new Customer Support Portal and create a ticket there.


It seems I found the solution.
After reading this article: I changed the Cache-control directive in the .htaccess adding the “no-transform” attribute:

Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, no-transform"

Furthermore, just for safety, following this article: I have put the deflate directives in the .htaccess inside this “IF” control
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>

I have enabled Cloudflare for and the website is correctly displayed now.


This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.