Website showing error 522

My website is showing

Error 522
Ray ID: 6e0ee5bfcfb672bb • 2022-02-21 09:20:12 UTC

Connection timed out

it’s is hosted on Godaddy.
Talked to support, they want me to use their DNS not of Cloudflare.

Is there any way out?

Can it be because of any other reason which i can tackle on my own?

Please help.

Have you double checked the IP of your hosting server is the same as the one entered into Cloudflare?

If you were using the GoDaddy DNS then if your servers IP changed, they’d update it for you automatically. As rare as that might be. But using Cloudflare, they aren’t able to change that for you, and they may not have notified you via email.

1 Like

What’s the Domain ?

1 Like

www.earthandroid.com

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing THE DOMAIN

First of all the website is not using Cloudflare Nameservers

You can have a look about it here

1 Like

I have setup Cloudflare DNS some years back…

Nameservers
frank.ns.cloudflare.com
hera.ns.cloudflare.com

These are the ones i am using…

What should I do to rectify it… Godaddy ppl want to use their DNS… they say you are using Cloudflare.

@Neeraj_1 You have not given accurate information. You were checking for NS on www.earthandroid.com which isn’t correct.

@prashantchaudhary25 is correct saying that his nameservers are using Cloudflare,
frank.ns.cloudflare.com
hera.ns.cloudflare.com

1 Like

A little update… I am able to get back my website by updating IP address in cloudflare.com DNS management section.

But one problem is that since my website is a blog an I write Articles regularly…

I am only getting article till Sep 2021 and not recent ones…like that of Year 2022

Oh Sorry . for wrong information !

First let’s establish if your error 522 is solved.

Are you saying that my suspicion of your IP having changed was correct?

Please confirm if your error 522 is solved, and what the solution was and then we’ll talk about your other issue.

1 Like

He had already told that

I am not sure that is resolved because my website entire content is not visible… I don’t know why it happened.

You have mentioned you have updated your Ip Address ?

1 Like

Please consider checking out the article below

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an error 522 with your WordPress website.

More information about why this error appears and how to fix this issue could be found at the below article:

Does 522 error happen always, or sometimes, from time to time? :thinking:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Is GoDaddy providing you with an SSL certificate for your domain name including with the hosting or? :thinking:

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Furthermore, do not skip below step and kindly re-check with your hosting provider and your firewall (for example if using UFW or iptables or Wordfence security plugin?) if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:

Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:

Is your WordPresss admin configured to work over HTTPS (SSL)?

When I check via wp-json, can see the latest published articles from Sep 2021.

I am not aware what happened at WordPress database, if so, check the status of other posts (draft, private …). Or else, if you changed hosting, maybe something didn’t migrated well in terms of databse/keys.

I cannot find any caching related HTTP header, so the homepage/posts aren’t cached either and display the actual data from the database.

I’d suggest you to contact your hosting provider in terms of the missing WordPress content, if so.

Hopefully the content is not lost and can be returned from the backup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.