Website should be down - Too Many Redirects

My website is working but the nameservers specified at my Registrar, Go Daddy, are different than what is listed in Cloudflare. If I change the nameservers to the values listed in Cloudflare,
it no longer works. I get the following: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. I cleared my browsing history on Chrome and Edge but it had no affect.
Any help would be appreciated.

Please change your SSL setting in Cloudflare from Flexible to Full (strict) if you have not already done so.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. The issue is resolved by changing the SSL to FULL.

Did Full (strict) not work? Full leaves you vulnerable to invalid and expired certificates. It doesn’t verify any certificate. Instead it blindly treats any certificate as if it were valid even when it isn’t.

1 Like

I am confused. Per Laudian’s advice, I changed it to FULL and it worked. Are you saying that FULL is a security risk?

Yes, for the reasons I outlined in my prior reply, and will reiterate here with a link to a more comprehensive explanation.

Without using Full (strict), a malicious party could technically hijack the connection and present their own certificate.

1 Like

Also, I’d like to point out that I have definitely not recommended Full, but Full (strict):

1 Like

My apology to you Laudian. I did not realize that there were two settings. I have changed it to Full (Strict) and it still works.
Thanks to both of you for your patience and thoroughness.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.