Website running slow in spite of CDN and compressed images

I have a website https://www.yogatempleindia.com/ I have applied CDN to that. Thanks to Cloudflare. Before CDN, the time it used to take to load the website is around 8 sec. Now that I added CDN to that, it is taking around 4 sec. I still believe it is slower and I want to make it even faster. Is there any caching mechanism in CDN which helps my website to load faster? Is yes, please let me know how.
Regards
Kalyani

I see that Cache is only for Pro version. Instead of going to Pro, is there any setting which can help my website to go faster

Did you disable proxy for your website? I can’t see your website is on Cloudflare.

1 Like

haha, sorry, I was actually reading one of the customers comments. One of you said to purge the cache and disable the Cloudflare, then test the result of GTMETRIX. So, I did it. I am about to enable Cloudflare and test it again. Please hold on.
Regards
Kalyani

I see. Looking forward for your results.

1 Like

Here I got the results. With Cloudflare, it is Grade D. With Cloudflare, the result is F. Kindly help.

I retested after 5 minutes, a couple of times, and it shows this.

Can you please let me know, how can I make it better. Is there any setting which I missed?

Its not CloudFlares fault if your origin Server responds slow.
Read your own screenshot:
“Reduce initial server response time”

This is the respone of your origin Server. Not CloudFlare.
And as you see, afert running the test multiple times CloudFlares CDN comes into play and speeds up your site.

What? Which result if with and which without CloudFlare?

As you host your site on Plesk, and you are using PHP 7.0, please switch to a newer version (if possible) to speed up site-generation and having a faster respone.
Also: static caching would be good.

2 Likes

Thank you Martin, nice advise. I will try to switch to newer version of PHP and see if it works better. Thank you for the tip.
Regards
Kalyani

@M4rt1n how can static caching be done? Can you please let me know?

Depends on your CMS, just find out which CMS you are using and google for static cache plugin/implementation for it.

2 Likes

The main problem is my website is not based on WordPress, I can’t use any plugin. I think as it is shown in one of the videos on youtube, I need to add the bucket link onto the DNS of Cloudflare. I will try to work on it, and will let you know.
Regards
Kalyani

What’s it based on? Does it require a login at the site to edit it?

It doesn’t seem to use Cookies for visitors, so you might be able to use a Cache Everything page rule.

1 Like

I have created page rules, can you please check if it is good or do i need to change anything.
Regards
Kalyani

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.