Website not working since switching domains and changing name servers

My website was originally started on Weebly and the domain remained there until I transferred domain to Google. Website was working fine until that occurred. I am the owner, but I didn’t create it. Unfortunately, the guy I paid to re-create it through Wordpress (org) has since died and there’s obviously no way to get info from him. Several times I contacted Google and didn’t really get anywhere with what they said. I finally figured out that the name servers that had been used prior to the transfer pointed here and switched them to the old name servers. That made it work for a couple of days. Then, I started getting communications from Cloudflare that they needed to be changed again, so I changed to what they said it needed changed to, and now it’s not working again. This is driving me crazy. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.
myeaglerestoration(com)

Also, on mobile, I get a message that says: “This site can’t be reached Check if ther is a typo in myeaglerestoration. com. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

The NXDOMAIN error you see is because the name servers that are currently active for the domain, does not have any AAAA or A records attached.

Due to these missing records, there are literally no information of where (e.g. at which IP address) eyeballs can reach your website on.

Considering the fact that you said you pointed the name servers towards some previous name servers you had seen, I’m starting to wonder:

Do you actually have access to any Cloudflare account at all, where the domain is currently marked as Active in?

2 Likes

I think so. It shows it as operational, but then I get a message about what you’re describing, and I don’t know how to do it or what to put down for these items.

BTW. I’d also like to offer my condolences regarding the person that passed away!

Originally, you said the site was on Weebly, then you transferred the domain to Google.

The part of your explanation where you refer to the person who passed away had set up something with Wordpress (org), … do you have access to the account from Wordpress?

If the account on Wordpress was belonging to the person who passed away, you’re most likely out of luck retrieving access to that one, and would have to start over from the beginning with your site.

If that Wordpress is the latest place your website has been hosted with, Wordpress would be the place you would need to look for record(s) at.

However, just finding some working records doesn’t mean that you have access to the website (and/or can maintain it) at all.

I don’t have IPV4. Hosting is through Cloudflare. Can’t contact anyone seemingly. Trying to fix website since the guy who created it died and I can’t get information from him. Don’t know how to create CNAME or A record either. Need help desperately to make my website work again. Very frustrated.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

I’m sorry for your loss.

While the Cloudflare proxy very likely sits between your site and your vistors, it is unlikely that Cloudflare is actually hosting your site. Was the site in your Cloudflare account or the account of the creator? If it is the latter, you will need to identify your actual webhost and migrate the site to a new Cloudflare account using the addresses they provide you with.

If you can share your domain name here, Community members may be able to provide additional information if there is any to be found. While the Community will certainly help as much as possible, there will be work required on your side. It may be worth engaging with a consultant of you find yourself overwhelmed.

1 Like