Website not working after change of Hosting Provider

So I have switched my hosting provider from GoDaddy to Milesweb hosting. I followed the instructions provided by the hosting service to change the IP address here in DNS settings to their IP address. I also changed the NS in the new hosting service DNS settings to Cloudflare. My website does not work at all and the hosting provider customer service is taking quite a while to fix. Errors I get are 404.

If there is something wrong in the settings, is there a way to fix it; if I remove my website from Cloudflare and add it again? Maybe reset everything.

Usually, 404 error not found is returned from the host / origin server and not from Cloudflare.

Is the IP address for DNS records correctly entered?
Are the records :orange: Cloud or :grey: cloud at Cloudflare dashboard?

Origin server was unable or unwilling to find the resource requested. This usually means the host server could not find the resource. To serve a more permanent version of this error one should use a 410 error code.

These errors typically occur when someone mistypes a URL on your site when there is a broken link from another page, when a page that previously existed is moved or removed, or there is an error when a search engine indexes your site. For a typical site, these errors account for approximately 3% of the total page views, but they’re often untracked by traditional analytics platforms like Google Analytics.

Website owners usually implement a custom page to be served when this error is generated.

Cloudflare does not generate 404s for customer websites, we only proxy the request from the origin server. When seeing a 404 for your Cloudflare powered site you should contact your hosting provider for help.

Source article:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.