My website is down - receiving an error: “Load cannot follow more than 20 redirections”. I have no idea how to fix it. I have basic (beginners) skills. Wordpress is not even allowing me to do anything. Any help to point me in the direction to a solution would be appreciated. I would also like help on how to avoid this from happening in the future with plug-ins, etc. Thanks.
Below article could help with some troubleshooting ideas:
May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?
Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
Can you double-check if your web hosting provider issued an SSL certificate which is still a valid one for your domain(s)?
Before doing anything at Cloudflare settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server by your web hosting provider or your own VPS/dedicated server following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Make sure site is working as expected without any errors via HTTPS.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
Please, take a note to have HTTPS on WordPress too. Could you also write back if your WordPress is configured with “home_url” and “site_url” in the “Options” and working fine over a HTTPS in a different Web browser just for testing purposes.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.