Website not found error

Our student club set up a website last year, however, in the past 3-4 months, the website has been down.

Our domain is hosted by GoDaddy, so we contacted them at first and it seems that everything was functioning on their side. I’m not from an IT background so I would help if anyone can help with an HTTP Error 404 since we get this error: This page can’t be found.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing.!

Can you please share the domain, and your configuration within Cloudflare?

Try from another browser and / or location, if you continue with the same problem then it is due to a misconfiguration of the site and not Cloudflare or godaddy, if you can not try in another place or browser then it may be a problem with the browser or the OS dns cache

As for the domain

As for the configuration I’m not exactly sure how to do that. Do you mind sharing the steps for that, please?

I’ve tried from different locations (literally different continents) and even browsers, unfortunately the problem continues to remain

I don’t get 404, rather “empty body” HTML document :thinking:

I’d suggest you to use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com . The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

Have you used Cloudflare since before within some 3rd-party integrator like Shopify, or maybe you’ve used eZoic ads? :thinking:

So far, I can see DNSSEC hasn’t been used.

What kind of a setup are you using in the background? The origin/configuration usually throws 404, if that’s the case, otherwise, maybe some routes in the web app or firewall might cause something. Nevertheless, some domain registrars know to have and show the default “parking page”, if it’s checked/ticked in their domain administration interface.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.