Website moved to another hosting account on same web host SSL issues

I have moved or rather the hosting company has migrated two websites from one of their legacy plans to a more current plan. In order to do the migration I had to temporarily deactivate Cloudflare for both domains. However that was re enabled 12 hrs ago as well as ensuring the DNS on Cloudflare is pointing to the new IP addresses for the new hosting account.

In the past both domains were using Cloudflare free SSL certs and that is still enabled. However when I attempt to connect to the sites they are showing insecure in CHrome with "This certificate can not be verified up to a trusted certification authority.

Is this normal or do I have to do something else?

Thanks for any help.

Probably not proxying. Whats the domain?

There are actually three domains involved healeyvisual.com which is where healey.,mb.ca is being redirectred to plus grebarsystems.com which is still having a graphics display issue that I am battling with the hosting company about.

But where do you encounter the issue?

On all three of those websites. For example in Edge and Chrome I get a warning similar to " This site is not secure" which prior to the migration and subsequent IP address changes I did not get.

You must be using some stale IP address. All three domains show a valid certificate.

Where do they all resolve to for you?

If I go to healeyvisual.com and get the warning in Firefox more information on the error says

www.healeyvisual.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER”

Same for www.

The old site is still active on its old hosting plan at a .231 IP address and the new site is also active at its new IP address at .198. During the process of migrating the sites, I disabled Cloudflare proxying all together and instead I put an entry in my windows hosts file to force redirection to the new IP address. That is also the IP address that is currently in Cloudflare accounts involved.

If I take that redirection out of my hosts file and do an ipconfig /flushdns and clear my browser cache out the healeyvisual.com site appears to load properly here. Seems the cert issue I was seeing was because of the hard coded hosts entry on my part aka PIBKAC.If I disable Cloudflare’s proxying and ping the healeyvisual.com it does resolved to the new IP address ending in .198. Cloudflare proxying is currently enabled on healeyvisual.com as well as www. and the site is displaying properly. I just want to make sure that I am indeed seeing the migrated website.

Grebarsystems.com no longer has the cert error although the graphics issue is yet an ongoing battle with the hosting company

Weird that you are seeing that error when going to www.healeyvisual.com

I was looking through the firewall area of the Cloudflare accounts I noticed that both of them have under IP Firewall a whitelist rule for the IP address for the old domain hosting account IP address. I do not remember adding that rule and was wondering whether that is an automatic rule that was created when I added the site years ago to the accounts. There is no rules for the current IP address under IP firewall

There shouldnt be anything automatic in this regard, unless there was something like that when you added the site years ago, which I cant tell now.

Generally, you also dont need to whitelist your own IP addresses, unless you access your own server via Cloudflare, which one shouldnt do in the first place :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.