Website is Not Working - Homestead says its Cloudflare issue

Hello, Any help you guys can give is much appreciated.

Today my site stopped working and when I contacted my host Homestead they said the following:

Your nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare, so your DNS would be managed there. You would need to log in to your Cloudflare account to check your DNS.

I am not a webmaster or an expert building websites. I use Homestead’s site builder which is an easy to use tool. I don’t even understand what they said above. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? My website is www.mousetrips.com and its been down all day. (If you need to look at the site take the spaces out. It says since I am a new user I cant post links. Sorry

I did login to cloudflare today to see what it said and this comes up:

An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found for the **www** subdomain. The **[www. mousetrips .com](http://www. mousetrips .com/)** subdomain will not resolve.
An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found pointing to the root domain. The **mousetrips.com** domain will not resolve.
An MX record was not found for your root domain. An MX record is required for mail to reach @ **mousetrips. com** addresses.

You will need to Add DNS records in Cloudflare to point to your web host. They will be able to provide you with the content of the records. You will probably need an A record pointing to your host’s IP address for @ and www and an MX record if you have mail configured.

You will need to get the required records from your host and add them in the DNS tab of the Cloudflare dashboard.

Thank you for the link that is a great walk through of what i need to do. A few more questions though. you stated I will need an A record pointing to he hosts IP Address. You said i need to contact my hosts. Is the host homestead since that is who i use to build my website? I have had this website for almost 15 years and never ran into this issue so not sure why it is changing now Thanks agian

Looking at your site, I believe that the IP you will need to point it to will be 216.40.47.17.

You will also need a record for www, probably either pointing to the same IP or a CNAME pointing to mousetrips.com

Do your use email on your domain? i.e. do you currently have any @mousetrips.com email addresses?

I would recommend clarifying the records with your host (homestead), but you can view your other records with a tool like this:

https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsLookup

Thank you so so much. Using the IP Address you gave me fixed it all. The site is back up. I cant thank you enough for this. You really were a huge help.

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.