Website Google search description problem

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
“cod3ry”

Have you searched for an answer?
yes, I’ve made changes via Google Console and added index/crawl info and its been a couple of days now and no chanage.

Please share your search results url:
it says “New Age - Start Bootstrap Theme”

Describe the issue you are having:
meta tag website name and description is from original website template and I need it to be updated to the real website name and description

What error message or number are you receiving?
No errors about the problem

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. submitted site to google
  2. added meta-data tags to site
  3. added index file to site

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
all that is fine

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. search for “cod3ry” on google search

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
yes

This doesn’t really have anything to do with Cloudflare. It looks like Google last crawled the page on July 23, and that was indeed what the title of the page was at the time. You can request that Google re-crawls / re-indexes your page, but you can’t force them. Google does what Google wants when they want to do it. Re-crawl requests through Search Console almost never work in my experience (well, you’ll see Google hit your server if you check the logs but they won’t actually update the index based on the recrawl). Requesting recrawls through Google’s API is much more effective, however, getting properly set up with the API may take a few hours of work if you’ve never done it before. If you can get set up with the API, use it to request recrawl once or twice a day (I normally do morning and evenings) and within a week or so, you should see the search results update.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.