Website down?

Hi,
I can’t get the website to work, it stopped responding yesterday, there’s nothing in the cloudflare diagnostics, all I get is this when accessing the site

The web page at webaddressremoved/auth/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=webaddressremove%2F%3Fauth_callback%3D1&client_id=webaddressremove%2F&state=eyJoYXNzVXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9nYWRqZXRob21lLnRrIiwiY2xpZW50SWQiOiJodHRwczovL2dhZGpldGhvbWUudGsvIn0%3D might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

What is the web site? Likely the issue is at your origin but no-one can check without knowing where.

I expect you’d get the same response as me, it’s not a website as such it’s just a link to a tunnel into my HA instance.

I believe what @sjr meant would be:

What exactly is that “webaddressremoved” part, that seems to have been removed from the information you shared?

With the apparent censorship there, it will be quite impossible to assist, or even try to guess where the problem might be.

Yep, I get that, the site woiuldn’t let me make the post with the http link in it originally so I removed it, to be honest I don’t really want to pubicly post the link (I’m being over cautious I suppose) and if you try to go to the site I’m sure you would get the same response message that I posted.
If it’s not possible to help without the link in full by looking at the text of the response (it means nothing to me) then thanks for looking anyway.

I’m afraid ERR_FAILED is about as ambiguous as it gets, so there is no way to help you without additional information.

I don’t quite have your certainty, but I’m almost sure that I would either not see the same error, or at least see additional information in the developer console that would be helpful.

Without any other information, the only idea I have for you is to try the site from a different device, browser and on a different network.

OK I got to the bottom of the issue, for information in case others see this, Freenom have shut down and when existing domains expire they just stop working, no renewals etc. so I had to pay for a domain and re configure Cloudflare.

Seems the domain name was relevant after all :slight_smile:

Thank you for getting back to the Community with your own findings! :slight_smile:

A bit. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.