Website down for 14 hours at least

My website is down for 13 hours. How can I deactivate Cloudflare until the connection problems are solved? Or deactivate for good. I don’t see the point of having such a service that can go down for so long and I cannot even contact anyone to solve it.

https://theglobetrottingdetective.com/

Hi @theglobetrottingdete,

A 520 error occurs when the connection started on the origin web server, but that the request was not completed. The most common reason why this would occur is that either a program, cron job, or resource is taking up more resources than it should causing the server not to be able to respond to all requests properly.

Review the Quick Fix Ideas in this Community Tip for troubleshooting suggestions.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! If I pause Cloudflare, will I loose any data or what will happen?

If you pause Cloudflare, they will continue to handle your DNS (so your site doesn’t go down), but all other Cloudflare services will be disabled.

Thank you. I’m on https://dash.cloudflare.com/ but I don’t see the Advanced Options.

If you go to the overview tab for the domain you want to pause, scroll down and it’s on the right side.

I got it. I paused it. It issue remains.

1 Like

Give it a few minutes to propagate. I now see the error directly from the server, not Cloudflare.

1 Like

OK. Thanks. Now, it says: Origin Error

Yes, that is what’s causing the issue and something you will need to look into on your server or with your host.

Yes, whenever I call my host, they say that the issue is with Cloudflare.

Hopefully if you leave it paused and show them the page straight from the server, they will be able to look into it more.

I removed Cloudflare. They don’t see the issue yet.

They don’t see any issue. :frowning: They cannot figure it where the issue it.

While Cloudflare is paused, I’m afraid any issues are coming directly from your server and will need to be resolved there.

Ok, And I had Cloudflare name server. Do you know if something should be changed when someone removed Cloudflare?

If you want to stop using Cloudflare for DNS as well, then change the nameservers away.

1 Like

The main issue was the SSL. It was not renewed automatically for some reason. Thanks for all your support.

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.