Website down! can't change my nameservers

Hi CloudFlare,
I was using Cloudflare’s free account for my domain [myCartgh.com ]. I have been happy with the service so I’ve decided to transfer my domain registrar from Goddady to cloudflare registry.

Since then, my website had been down! Too bad! I do not want to use your CDN anymore because it’s not helping my website as it used to be after the transfer.

I contacted my web hosting provider and they said I should change the Nameserver to that of the webhost but I can’t even change it.:no_mouth:

This is what I am getting from the site

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in mycartgh.com.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I sometimes get Error 522.

Please, HELP ME!

Hi @erickporsu,

It looks like your DNS records are wrong. If the site worked fine before you transferred it and you were using Cloudflare before, some of the records must have been changed.

You don’t have a record for the root domain and it seems wherever www is pointing is incorrect as well. You should get a list of the records required by your host and add then here at Cloudflare.

In which case, just pause Cloudflare on the bottom right of the overview tab or set all your DNS records to :grey:

Thanks for your response @domjh . The site is back online without me making any changes. I have monitored it for sometime now and the only error I get is ERROR 524. Can you help me with this? I have read quick indept here and I found Error 524 is a major challenge affecting most cloudflare users.

Lastly, does it mean when I am using Cloudflare, I can’t use the Nameserver from my hosting service provider?
Thanks

1 Like

A 524 error indicates that Cloudflare made a successful TCP connection to the origin web server, but the origin did not reply with an HTTP response before the connection timed out. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

If you use Cloudflare Registrar, you can’t change the nameservers away.

As @domjh said, you can’t change name servers with Cloudflare Registrar. But you can use :grey: DNS-Only and not use any of Cloudflare’s CDN or firewall features. It’ll be a direct connection, just as it would be if you use your host’s name servers.

1 Like

I’m not getting any error, loads normally for me! (I screenshotted before it completed loading but as you can see, there’s no error on my end)

Could you give steps to generate the error? Or is the issue already resolved?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.