Website down after changing ns to cloudflare

My website https://matthiasrimpler.de is down after changing NS 3 days ago to cloudflare. Meanwhile I have stopped cloudflare for my site. Even after I had removed the site completely from cloudflare for more than 1 day, I could see that cloudflare NS are still being used: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/matthiasrimpler.de
For the last 2 days I am trying to reset the NS with my original German host strato.de, without any results. And I see that all the DNS entries with strato (A, AAAA, MX and so on) are all inactive due to the nameserver change to cloudflare. And that is why cloudflare cannot find any A record. But I cannot import any records because with strato the DNS records are all inactive.
I have learnt that using cloudflare and strato will cause problems since lots of strato customers like me have a shared webspace hosting, that means no static IP. That is the cause of the problem. But all I want now is to solve the problem and redirect the nameservers to original status at strato so my website is online again - without cloudflare. Unfortunately it looks like something at cloudflare is blocking the resetting of the original host nameservers. How can I stop cloudflare to resolve my domain via cloudflare nameservers (brynne.ns.cloudflare.com and rayden.ns.cloudflare.com)? As I have mentioned my domain is still connected with cloudflare nameservers even though I had removed my domain from cloudflare for more than 24 hours.
I haven’t found any solutions to that specific problem within the community although I have learnt that there is quite a few people who have similar problems when they use strato and cloudflare.
This is my business site so I need to do everything to get it back online.
Thank you for your help!

It looks like you don’t have any DNS records for that domain. If you removed your site from the Cloudflare dashboard before changing your name servers, that’s a guaranteed failure.

Cloudflare has no control over how you set your name servers. You’ll have to work with your registrar to point your name servers back to Strato.

Thanks for your quick response. I am actually working on pointing the name servers back to strato with my original host.
Anyhow, when I had just changed my ns to cloudflare, I had several records shown at the cloudflare dashboard. But still my website was down. Cannot tell you when the records got lost. I have purged the cash, but this couldn’t have removed the DNS records.

Does the bottom of your DNS page here say that the two name servers from Cloudflare are Brynne and Rayden?

Yes, the two name servers are:

brynne.ns.cloudflare.com
rayden.ns.cloudflare.com

It sure looks like there’s no DNS record for matthiasrimpler.de or ‘www’. If you see those DNS records on your DNS page, then I suggest you open a ticket and see if they can figure out why they’re not being published.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Thanks a lot for your help!
I had already contacted the support earlier.
Here is the support ticket:

Best regards,
Matthias

Hi @matthiasrimpler . I’ve just reached out to you on the ticket and we can discuss further there.

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks! I have just replied to you on the ticket update.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.