Website down after activating Cloudflare

Hello, my website www.succesvollerelaties.com went down shortly after installing / configuring Cloudflare.

I run a Wordpress website, and installed the Cloudflare pluging.
With my webhost Strato, I changed the NS to the Cloudflare servers.

Now my website is down. How can I solve this?

I see that it redirects to HTTPS. Was your website using HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare?

Yes, it did

It sounds like it should have worked. I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

OK, paused it. I guess I now need to change NS records back to Strato’s to get my website online again.

1 Like

And thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

That’s not what I said, but you’re certainly welcome to take that approach.

1 Like

PS I now found other topics here about Strato websites down after changing NS to Cloudflare.
Maybe Strato “just” doesn’t go well with Cloudflare in some manner …?

Possibly. If it’s their hosting you’re using, it could be a proprietary setup that’s not compatible with standard DNS.

Yes, the website is back online now …

I presume little sense to try again …

Thank you for you quick support, sdayman!!! :pray:

1 Like

For anyone with similar issues:

Strato Support confirmed to me that Cloudflare service does NOT work with Strato webhosting.

I’ll mark this topic as solved now.

Hopefully Strato will find a way in the future to support CloudFlare services.