Website Down - A records now pointing to Cloudflare servers

I transferred DNS hosting responsibilities to Cloudflare this weekend and the process was very smooth.

This morning my website is down. My DNS records in Cloudflare still appear correct and my website A records all point to 162.255.116.188. However, when I perform a DNS lookup for caddo.gov, it lists the A records for caddo.gov as 172.67.134.238 and 104.21.25.243. An IP address lookup reveals that both of the IP addresses belong to Cloudflare.

Any help is much appreciated.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You have described expected behavior for :orange: proxied hostnames. If you do not want to proxy your traffic, switch the corresponding hostname to :grey: DNS Only. If you are experiencing an error, please share the message.

Turning off proxy resolved my issue. My website is up. Thank you!

I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to DNS hosting. Why would Cloudflare default to proxy when I have valid A record entries pointing to my webserver?

1 Like

The security and performance features that are the main reason for using Cloudflare are only available to :orange: proxied hostnames.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.