Website does not resolve unless DNS Proxy off

Hello,

I have spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting this issue. It has worked and then stoped working.
If I try and type in my Domain Name registered with no-ip it does not resolve unless I turn off the DNS Proxy on Cloudflare.

I have done a DNSLookup and it finds my IP address properly with the Cloudflare proxied IP.
I have checked again my Port forwarding Rules in my router - I have made sure that the proper ports are indeed open.

I am at a loss of what to do.
I do not think that cloudflare has made any changes in this DNS Proxy area?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

Can you try with a different network/isp (eg. a mobile network) and see if it resolves? Otherwise, can you paste the exact error you’re seeing and/or your domain?

Thanks for your reply. I have tried a mobile network (my phone) and it still does not resolve unless I turn off the proxy under DNS.

My domain is tallmac.net

I am getting the following error with my Firefox browser;

The connection has timed out

The server at tallmac.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

thank you
Steve

Looks like you’re redirecting to a different port:

< location: https://tallmac.net:5001/

Cloudflare only works with certain HTTP and HTTPS ports. You should rebind your application to accept on port 443 if you want the site to be compatible with CF.

1 Like

Thank you. I spent quite a bit of time and did not think about that issue. Usually these things are easy :wink:
I changed my router firewall port forward rules which were slightly incorrect.
The interface in the router is really bad and does not show all the information.
It now works!
thanks for the quick help. Much appreciated!
Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.