Website Cache Problem

I have a website that i update every 2 days but after i update the htnl files on my hosting provider connected with Cloudflare on the devices i used in the past to see my website i continue to see the old version until i clear cookie and cache or i use incognito mode
How can I fix this?
Maybe set up an automatic cache clear from Cloudflare.
So what can I do?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Kindly, may I ask you to check which option have you got selected from the dropdown menu of “Browser Cache TTL” section when you navigate to the Caching → Configuration at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name? :thinking:

Set it to the “Respect Existing Headers”.
After that, click on the “Purge Everything” button.
Wait for a minute or two.
Try refreshing and accessing the same URLs again using your Web browser.

Nevertheless, you can share an URL here so we could together check for this and provide feedback what content do we see and compare, in case if needed.

2 Likes

Hi @fritex

In TTL cache browser settings i have set 4 hours what shuld i do?

Set it to the “Respect Existing Headers”.
After that, click on the “Purge Everything” button.
Wait for a minute or two.
Try refreshing and accessing the same URLs again using your Web browser.

Furthermore, may I ask if you are using some custom-made Page Rules at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name? :thinking:

1 Like

Can maybe an option enable development mode on Cloudflare?

I don’t have page rules activated on my Cloudflare domain

It worked! Thank you so much

I now tried to visit the page from another device and i continue to see the old one. What i need to do?

Thank you for feedback information.

So, on the other device, you see old even after you hit a refresh? :thinking:

Hm, you might have to wait for a few hours so the web browser would clear the cache itself (after 4 hours as it was set to).

Otherwise, I’d try to manually clear the cache and re-check on that another device as it might keep a cached version for few hours or so (as it was set to 4 hours Browser Cache TTL).

Yes the problem continues

Done! Nothing happens

What can i do now?

Can you share the URL of the example so we could check the cache (HTTP headers) and compare with your results (just in case)? :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.