WEBMAIL The origin web server timed out responding to this request

What do I need to do? :frowning:

ERROR: The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.

It just loaded up for me and showed me a cpanel webmail login.

If it’s still not loading for you, your host may be rate limiting or blocking Cloudflare IPs. Make sure they’ve allow-listed everything here: IP Ranges

I can see the login too, but once I enter the details of the mail, this message appears. Also, I use FairMail as phone app for this email, and it’s working so I’m not sure what’s failing. I have tried different pcs and browsers.

FairMail is most likely connecting directly to the IMAP server, whereas Webmail has a bit more to do.

Best to follow the instructions originally presented:

To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.

1 Like

Thanks! I will try to contact Cloudflare directly then :slight_smile:

Cloudflare is not your webmail host, nor does Cloudflare use cPanel. Hopefully you can figure out who’s actually hosting your website and email.

1 Like

You are right! thanks for pointing that out, I have the hosting details written down :slight_smile: I will contact them then! thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hello

I’m having the same problem

Did you find a solution for it?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.