Webmail Not work after using Cloudflare

Hello everybody. I am new here so any help will be appreciated.

In set up my website into cloudfare’s free plan. I really loved the CDN and how it speed up my website. The next day, I realised that I had an error on my mail system.

Error: Can send email from webmail but can’t receive it. After failed troubleshooting, I uninstalled CF and now my mail is working fine.

I want to get back into cloudflare but am afraid that my webmail service won’t work.

Using cpanel, I made two email addresses for my domain. I know this has something to do with the nameserver.

How can we point domain nameserver to cloudflare but still handle email through local server like normal?

Waiting for some angels.

Hi @deepyes,

You may want to have a look at Troubleshooting Email Delivery Issues when using Cloudflare, are you also able to share the domain and a screenshot of your DNS records in Cloudflare (with IPs redacted)?

Hello @domjh ,

My domain name is seosansar.com. Is it safe to share screenshots in the forum?

Deepesh Dhakal

That is entirely up to you - personally, I think that if you blank out the IPs then it should be OK.

Can you try changing your nameservers again and waiting for propagation, but pausing Cloudflare and seeing if your mail works? This will rule out whether it is a DNS issue or something with Cloudflare’s proxying.

I don’t believe it is a :orange: issue as your MX records point to cloudhosting.co.uk, not a hostname on your domain.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

cf_pause

Hello Pal,

I haven’t pointed my namservers to cloudflare right now. I am keeping it ready but wanted to hear some thoughts before I do it.

Deepesh Dhakal

If you check that all the DNS records you have at Cloudflare match those at your previous DNS provider then that should be a good start.

Then, for now - set all your DNS records to :grey: by clicking any that are :orange:.

Then you could try changing the nameservers back to Cloudflare to see if it works.

If it does, then it is an :orange: issue, if it doesn’t then it must either be a DNS issue or something at your host.

1 Like